St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is accountable to you
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph (SJHCG) has a strong commitment to being open, transparent, and accountable to our clients, their families, our community, and our funders.
In 2010, the Government of Ontario introduced the Excellent Care for All Act as a means to improve the quality of care experiences for hospital patients across the province. Under this legislation, hospitals must:
- develop and implement an annual Quality Improvement Plan
- have quality committees that report to the Board on quality-related issues
- tie executive compensation to targets set out in the annual Quality Improvement Plan
- conduct patient/client/caregiver surveys to assess satisfaction with services
- conduct surveys to assess satisfaction with hospital staff’s employment experience and views about the quality of care the organization provides
- publish a Declaration of Values that is developed with public consultation
- ensure an appropriate patient-relations process is in place to address any issues that arise.
Code of Conduct
As a condition of employment with SJHCG, employees are expected to adhere to SJHCG’s Code of Conduct. Employees are encouraged to discuss any situations of concern or doubt regarding the Code of Conduct with their supervisor, or if necessary, the VP, People and Strategy, or the President.
To learn more, review SJHCG’s Code of Conduct Policy
Launching the links below will connect you to further information on the ways in which SJHCG is fulfilling our commitments in the areas of accountability and performance.