SJHCG has been serving the Guelph and surrounding communities since 1861, when we began as the area’s first healthcare institution. We are an organization proud of, and deeply rooted in, our history – always keenly aware of who we follow; that is, our founders, the Sisters of St. Joseph.
We endeavor to carry forward the legacy of the Sisters as we continuously adapt to the diverse and changing needs of the community and the rapidly changing healthcare environment. While, to date, the organization has developed expertise in many areas, our various Programs of Care each exemplify SJHCG’s history of service, garnering our inspiration from the courage and compassion of the Sisters of St. Joseph.
Learn more about the history of our organization (PDF, 462KB)