St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph (SJHCG) is set on more than 44 park-like acres in northwest Guelph. Our beautiful 200,000 square foot, 326 bed community provides a safe, welcoming, and home-like atmosphere. With plenty of green space and fully accessible gardens, our health centre is a source of pride for staff, clients, and our community.
Our facility emphasizes a friendly, home-like atmosphere. The rooms accommodate our clients in single-occupancy or double-occupancy settings.
Each room is furnished with a bed, over-bed light, chair for visitors, and a chest of drawers that has room for a small or regular-sized television. Each room also includes an individual closet.
Each room comes equipped with a television that can be connected through subscription. TV rental services are provided by HealthHub Patient Engagement Solutions. If you have shared accommodation, we request that you purchase wireless headphones. Hospital patients or their families can complete the rental process anytime by calling 1-866-223-3686 or by visiting www.ConnectMyBed.ca, which is available 24/7 to also help answer questions related to local channel guides and request customer service assistance. LTC patients or their families should contact SJHCG’s Business Office for arranging for cable television.
Patient Declaration of Values, Resident’s Bill of Rights, Statement of Rights and Responsibilities
- The Excellent Care for All Act (ECFAA) requires all hospitals to have a publicly available patient declaration of values to support the main goal of ECFAA, which is to blend quality and value in a way that Ontarians can count on for generations. The Patient Declaration of Values below applies to SJHCG, all other hospitals in the Region of Waterloo and Wellington County, and the Waterloo Wellington Local Health Integration Network, Home and Community Care. This document is currently being reviewed and updated.
- View the Patient Declaration of Values (PDF, 602KB)
- The Resident’s Bill of Rights applies to all residents of Licensed Nursing Homes and Approved Charitable and Municipal Homes for the Aged in the province of Ontario. The leadership and staff of SJHCG fully embrace and promote these rights for all clients (residents, patients, community outreach program participants, and outpatients) who access services provided by our facility.
- View the Residents’ Bill of Rights (PDF, 33KB)
- To assist in maintaining a harmonious and respectful environment for all, SJHCG has developed its own Statement of Rights and Responsibilities for Staff and Clients.
- View SJHCG’s Statement of Rights and Responsibilities for Staff and Clients (PDF, 286KB)
Our Housekeeping staff are responsible for maintaining a clean, safe, and pleasant environment. Client rooms are cleaned regularly, however; maintaining a tidy and uncluttered room requires the assistance of the client and their family.
Silver Maple Coffee & Gift Shop
The Silver Maple Coffee & Gift Shop is located in the main lobby. Light refreshments, gifts, and small personal items can be purchased at the Shop. The shop is staffed by volunteers, hours may vary depending on the availability of volunteers to assist. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the Silver Maple Coffee and Gift Shop is closed until further notice.
We encourage clients to be selective when deciding which personal items to bring with them. SJHCG is not responsible for lost or damaged personal belongings or valuables. For further information about personal items and telephones specific to your visiting terms, please click the appropriate link below: