- Assist with the implementation and organization of client Instrumental Activities of Daily living; Assist clients with activities of daily living.
- Participate in meal preparation and in recreational activities
- Assess participant’s ability to ambulate and perform lifts and transfers, assist participant with ambulation as necessary.
- Provide appropriate interventions with participants exhibiting responsive behaviours, communicate and document outcomes.
- Assist in maintaining a safe physical and psycho-social environment.
- Assist the Overnight Stay Team and Clinical Resource Worker with the completion of day program client profiles and care plans
- Promote and support ongoing staff professional development.
- Provide support and assistance during staff absences.
- Respond appropriately to emergency situations and provide direction to other team members.
- Document treatment protocols and medications administered, unusual incidents, near misses, advice given to client or caregiver and any other pertinent information on client chart
- PSW Certificate
- Food Handler Certificate required (Must be obtained within one (1)-month of employment at the Health Centre’s expense)
- Knowledge of and/or willingness to pursue learning in the InterRAI CHA, PIECES assessment tools and Gentle Persuasive Approach
- ASIST preferred
- Current BLS certificate
- Good attendance record
- Demonstrated commitment to working and caring for older adults
- Excellent organizational and communication skills essential
- Experience with community based cognitively impaired, frail elderly population
- Ability and willingness to work as an effective team member
- Experience with recreational program planning and delivery
STARTING RATE OF PAY: $22.75/hr