We are seeking a progressive, proactive, and resilient HR leader to oversee and manage our HR functions. This position has cross-campus accountability for both St. Joseph’s Health Care Centre Guelph (SJHCG) and St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre, Branford (SJLCB). It is expected that the successful candidate will split their time between both locations.
This position reports directly to the VP, People & Strategy, SJHCG and SJLCB.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is a faith-based organization that is part of the 6-member St. Joseph’s Health System. It is a values-based, client-centric organization that includes 240 long-term care beds, 104 hospital beds, and a variety of outpatient and community support services. The overall staff complement is approximately 700 employees.
St. Joseph’s Lifecare Centre Brantford is also a member of the St. Joseph’s Health System. It is a leader in long-term care, palliative and hospice care, and community outreach programs. The campus includes a long-term care facility with 205 beds, Stedman Community Hospice, and onsite medical offices. The overall staff complement is approximately 350 employees.
- Working with the VP, People & Strategy, lead the development and implementation of the organizations’ People Strategies, ensuring alignment with the overarching organizational strategy.
- Develop, deliver, implement, and maintain core HR programs, tools, and processes in all HR functional areas – including Employee Experience, Recruitment & Selection, Workforce Planning, Compensation, and Leadership Development.
- Oversee a small team of HR professionals, supporting their performance and ensuring on-going development.
- Working with the Advisor, Employee & Labour Relations, provide strategic guidance on labour/employee relations issues as required.
- Proactively work with management to create a positive and productive work environment.
- Develop HR policies and procedures; provide best practice recommendations to senior management on HR practices and issues.
- Participate as a key member of the People & Strategy leadership team to ensure alignment of HR functions and programs with those within Occupational Health and Wellness, Clinical Education, Strategy & Client Experience, and Volunteer Services.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Formal education in Human Resource Management
- Seven years’ Human Resources generalist experience
- Experience working in a unionized environment
- 3 years’ experience in a supervisory capacity
- 5 years’ demonstrable experience in program development in at least 3 HR functional areas.
- Steller written and oral communication skills
- Strong background in employee and labour relations
- Proficiency in Human Resources legislation and best practices
- Superior organizational and time management skills
- Experience in the health care sector
PMP designation or formal education in project management
- Demonstrates effective emotional intelligence
- Growth mindset
- Demonstrates character, role models our values
Leading and Developing Others
- Commitment to growth and development of others
- Creates a culture of trust, collaboration, and pride in work
- Promotes and supports a psychologically safe work environment
- Demonstrates effective people practices to engage and retain employees
- Translates strategy into actions
- Strategically aligns decisions
- Takes responsibility for the actions and performance of the team
- Accountable for achieving defined outcomes and results
Leading and Transforming the Future
- Purposefully builds partnerships and networks to create results
- Mobilizes knowledge into action
- Demonstrates Systems/Critical Thinking
- Able to shift approach and re-evaluate practices in response to new challenges and opportunities
- Proactively engages stakeholders throughout the change process
It’s a great time to help shape how health care is delivered in Ontario. To apply to this exciting opportunity, please use the ‘Apply’ button below to submit a curriculum vitae in confidence, outlining how your knowledge, experience and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements of this position and the values of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all programs, facilities, and people. St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approach in supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, assessment, selection, hiring, and the ongoing employment life cycle. Upon individual request, the Health Centre will endeavour to remove any barrier to the employment life cycle to accommodate those employees with disabilities. Should any employee require accommodation through the employment lifecycle, please contact Human Resources.
We appreciate all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.