Summary of Programs: Alzheimer’s Day Centre (ADC); Out N’ About (ONA); Fergus Day Out Centre (DOC); Acquired Brain Injury (ABI); Overnight Stay Program (ONS); Dinner Club (Evening Program)
Rate of Pay: Starting at $19.15 (Evening/Night Premium range $1-1.55 / hour)
Program Hours: 5:30am-9:30pm, Holidays, Weekends** Shifts can change to meet the needs of participants and the program **
SUMMARY OF DUTIES: To assist with social/recreational programming, behavior interventions within the day program setting (which may include frail elderly, dementia, and acquired brain injury population). Assist with cognitive and behaviour assessments of participant needs and areas of intervention in consultation with and under the supervision of the Director of Community Support Services or designate. Collaborate to develop and implement care plans to minimize responsive behaviours in a group setting. Contribute to program recreation planning, development and implementation in both large and small group settings. Documentation of progress or incidents using U-FIRST/ PIECES framework. Identify unsafe conditions or practices and take appropriate action to address them including reporting or removing hazards.
- Completion or currently in pursuit of an Undergraduate degree in the field of Health, Social Sciences or Nursing, with an emphasis in Gerontology, Recreation or Kinesiology in a recognized University.
- Completion, or pursuit of a certificate in Gerontology, Regional Geriatric Certificate Program
- Experience in assisting with the provision of Activities of Daily Living (ADLs)
- Related experience with program development and implementation in a social/recreational setting
- Excellent communication, problem solving and organizational skills
- Understanding and knowledge of the normal aging process and dementia
- Proficient and enhanced writing and problem solving skills
- Commitment to a team approach
- Class G Drivers license
- Good attendance record
- Valid Police Record/Vulnerable Sector Check
To apply to this exciting opportunity, please use the ‘Apply’ button below to submit a curriculum vitae in confidence, outlining how your knowledge, experience and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements of this position and the values of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph (SJHCG).
SJHCG is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all programs, facilities, and people. SJHCG is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approach in supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, assessment, selection, hiring, and the ongoing employment life cycle.
We appreciate all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.