Are you looking for an exciting challenge in the healthcare sector? St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is a faith-based organization that is part of the 6-member St. Joseph’s Health Care System. We are a values-based, client-centric organization that includes 240 long-term care beds, 86 hospital beds, and a variety of outpatient and community support services. We are looking for a dynamic individual to join our Management Team.
We are seeking a self-directed, results-oriented professional with a strategic and collaborative leadership style. You are professional, diplomatic, and innovative. You are responsible for providing leadership and direction regarding the development, monitoring, and measuring of the organization’s strategic plan. You will also lead the planning and implementation of the Health Centre’s quality, risk, and patient safety programs and processes. You lead all aspects of the organization’s accreditation process, with an eye to quality improvement and risk management.
This position reports directly to the Vice-President, People & Strategy.
- Baccalaureate degree in a health profession, business or related; Master’s preferred
- A minimum of three years’ experience in the health care sector
- A minimum of five years’ experience in related roles (strategy, risk management, client experience, quality improvement)
- Educational preparation in data analysis and statistics, as well as root-cause analysis
- Demonstrated decision-making, team-building and communication skills with a high degree of independence and strength in problem-solving and project management
- CRM and/or PMP designations an asset
- In conjunction with relevant stakeholders, lead the organization’s strategic planning process
- Lead the organization’s client experience program, including integration of person-centred care philosophy
- Serve as the Patient Relations lead for the organization; collecting, investigating, and facilitating the resolution of client and family concerns
- Provide leadership and coordination within the organization to manage detected risks and lead the risk management reporting process, data collection and associated records
- Lead the Quality Committee in reviewing and establishing quality indicators, all appropriate reporting and follow-up activities, and lead the development and achievement of the Annual Quality Improvement Plan according to legislated requirements
- Provide guidance to teams and departments in the formulation of safety plans and risk reduction/prevention strategies, quality initiatives and educational programs to enhance awareness of risk, quality improvement and patient safety
- Remain aware and share as appropriate, legislated indicators required by bodies and agencies e.g. LHIN, MOHLTC, Accreditation Canada, Public Health, etc.
- Lead the development of Emergency Management plans and annual testing of the plans
- Lead the organization through accreditation surveys and oversee the integration of Accreditation Canada standards and ROPs
To apply to this exciting opportunity, please use the ‘Apply’ button below to submit a curriculum vitae in confidence, outlining how your knowledge, experience and personal attributes are a good fit with the requirements of this position and the values of St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph.
St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is an equal opportunity employer and strives for equity, inclusiveness, and diversity in all programs, facilities, and people. St. Joseph’s Health Centre Guelph is committed to creating a barrier-free, accessible organization, utilizing a collaborative approach in supporting persons with disabilities during recruitment, assessment, selection, hiring, and the ongoing employment life cycle.
We appreciate all responses; however, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.